what is primespot?
PrimeSPOT performed by Biocentaur Ltd is located in Bristol and it is a member of R.G.C.C. Group.
This test looks specifically for the presence of 13 pathogens that are known to be implicated in chronic diseases, including cancer. The test will use PCR technique for identifying the following infectious agents for both in the serum and in the cell (intracellular).
The test specifically screens for:
- Human herpes simplex virus 1 (HHV 1). This virus produces most cold sores and appears to be particularly damaging to the nervous system and increases one’s risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. It is associated with thyroid, prostate, melanoma and several cancers, and Bell’s palsy.
- Human herpes simplex virus 2 (HHV2). This virus can produce oral or genital herpes. Implicated in cancers as stated above.
- Human herpes simplex virus 6 (HHV6). This virus is the cause of roseola, a common contagious bowel infection. Like the other herpes viruses, it has a life-long latency and can become reactivated later in life. This reactivation has been associated with many clinical manifestations that can affect the brain, lungs, heart, kidney, and gastrointestinal tract, especially in patients with immune deficiencies and transplant patients. It has been suggested as a trigger for a subset of MS and chronic fatigue syndrome cases.
- Varicella-zoster virus (VZV), (HHV 3) This human herpes virus is the primary cause of chickenpox and shingles.
- Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) (HHV4). This human herpes virus is the most common cause of infectious mononucleosis. It is associated with various nonmalignant, premalignant, and malignant cancers. This includes Burkitt lymphoma, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, gastric and nasopharyngeal cancer. Many feel that it is one of the most powerful herpes viruses that can suppress the immune system and lead to chronic fatigue. There is evidence for increased risk of autoimmune diseases including lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, Sjogren’s syndrome, and MS.
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) (HHV 5). This herpes virus can induce mononucleosis and pneumonia. It may cause mucoepidermoid carcinoma and possibly other malignancies such as prostate cancer.
All of the above human herpes viruses (HHVs) have been implicated in immune system evasion and suppression. In general, HHVs affect almost every cancer-implicated branch of the immune system, namely tumor-promoting inflammation, immune evasion, and immunosuppression.
- Human papilloma virus 16 (HPV16) and Human papilloma virus 18 (HPV 18). 16 and 18 are the two most common HPV strains that lead to cases of genital cancer. HPV is the most common sexually transmitted disease, resulting in more than fourteen million cases per year in the United States alone. When left untreated, HPV leads to high risks of cervical, vaginal, vulvar, anal, and penile cancers.
- Human T-lymphotropic virus (HTLV–1). This retrovirus is associated with adult T-cell lymphoma, myelopathy, uveitis, Strongyloides stercoralis, hyper-infection, and some other diseases.
- Xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus (XMVR). This recently discovered retrovirus has been identified mainly with prostate cancer and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Hepatitis C virus (HCV). This small virus can lead to both acute and chronic hepatitis. HCV can lead to cirrhosis, liver cancer, lymphoma, and liver failure.
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). This virus has the ability to greatly compromise the immune system and is also the cause of AIDS.
- Borrelia burgdorferi (TEC1/16C). These bacteria are the cause of Lyme disease. This spirochete can attack all of the organ systems of the body. Borrelia along with the many associated co-infections can lead to brain fog, neuropathy including facial palsy, arthritis, intermittent pain in tendons, muscles, joints, and bones, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, shortness of breath, and a decline in memory, etc.
This test also evaluates the immune system by performing an immunocytokines profile to see if there is an indication of activation of an autoimmune response. It specifically measures interleukin-1, 3, 6, 7, 9, 12, 13, 15, 17 as well as interferon a, interferon b, tumor necrosis factor receptor a and b, Fas-r a proptosis, Jak/STAT path autoimmune response active, and AIRE autoimmune regulator factor.
"I thought my journey with Lyme and Hoshimotos was hopeless until I found Health and Wellness of Carmel. The doctors, nurses and staff are so nice and welcoming! They have so much knowledge and are willing to take the time to share! They walk every step with you! I’m so happy and grateful that my path lead me to this amazing group of individuals! Thank you all! ❤️"- A.D. / Facebook / May 20, 2021
"The Med Spa services are top notch! I had IPL and saw results after one treatment. Brianna and Sarah listened to my skin concerns and helped me determine what treatment would be best. I have always felt overwhelmed with all of the treatment options out there and this helped me determine what might work best for my skin. I definitely recommend the med spa services!"- L.F. / Wellness / May 04, 2021
"I absolutely loved my experience with Brianna Foster, Medical Esthetician. Brianna did such a fantastic job with my facial and dermaplaning. I will definitely be back to see Brianna!"- A.D. / Google / Apr 30, 2021
"I have never been so impressed with the knowledge, efficiency, and positive attitude of every team member I encountered at Health and Wellness of Carmel. I traveled from Wisconsin for a consult with Dr Fetters about my asthma as I was seeking something other than another prescription that didn't work. I received a thorough evaluation in one day of my health, food sensitivity testing, bloodwork, colon cancer testing, pulmonary function testing, a weight management plan, dietician guidance, an IV to destroy bacteria and even a visit to their new Medical Spa, OWN WELLNESS SPA. There, I received a free consult on new technologies to improve find lines and wrinkles, sun damage, facial veins and more! A great, hopeful, ray of sunshine at the end of a long road of many traditional medicine specialists giving me 10 minutes and never fixing the problem. An expensive day but worth every penny!"- C.G. / Google / Apr 29, 2021
"Brandy is amazing, very informative, patient, SMART"- L.T. / Google / Apr 27, 2021